Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Stolen Moments

Today is Friday.....you probably knew that already but it just dawned on ME!

this afternoon!

Have to get ready for the weekend....

but while I was in lala land today and having lunch inside....(a luxury)


I played with some pictures. Most times I forget that I've done them....over that is,
and they just get stored away until some other time...
which rarely comes.



So instead of stashing them away I thought I'd take a moment to post them.

Like I said I was having lunch and waiting for my food to heat up.

Not too hot not too cold.

I burned the roof of my mouth yesterday after George had heated up our lunch.

He's an over nucker!

Btw we had doctored up spinach manicotti from Pasta Vita

Anyone who lives in Ct. may know how wonderful their food is.

I think they feed half the shoreline!

I was being timed by hubby who informed me that I had been in here for 20 minutes already!

that's all I said.

Oh right I've gone past the lunch minute:))

I told you ....lala land!

I digress!




This image is not all that great....as a matter of fact it's kind of blah

except that they are of white hydrangea's and one of my favorites.

If I remember right this one is called Queen of Pearls. It has the most perfect heads I've ever seen almost seeming to glow.

Don't be completely fooled by the picture .....they're extra glowy on purpose...haha





I took this picture after I was squatting down deadheading

the bleeding hearts and just couldn't stopping looking at the

way the colors looked so good together.

The white,black and subtle shades of blue and pink.

Sometimes I just have to stop in the middle of the day

and cease the moment because you never know how long these things will be here.

Today I saw someone with a plant at the counter that I knew I had only two left.

When I got closer I realized that she had only taken one....oh good

I can still photograph the last one.
I'd been meaning to for days now.

Which reminds me I'd better go take it right now.
Hope you all have a great weekend.....

rain or shine make it the best you can!

26 comments:

Susie~From My Home To Yours said...

Hey Carole, it's always so good to see that you've posted....I can always count on beautiful pictures. The white hydrangeas are just uber (that's actually the first time I've used the word uber..seems to be so popular now! I'm not sure I'm really a uber user kinda gal...had to look it up in the dictionary).

Anyway, glad you were able to enjoy your lunch break today! Do you have a time clock?

Have a great weekend.
Susie

oldgreymare said...

Happy Happy to see you here! Purty pictures

Starts my weekend off "just ...right"....like goldilocks

Think you need to hide George's watch. : }

Have a wonderful weekend.

xoxoxxo

z

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Yes Carole
Let's bury George's watch.. and we he finally finds it .. he will just think he lost it tending his plants!!

I love the white hydrangea shot.. something very pleasing about it.. besides that it is lovely white hydrangeas... OK.. take care.. and stop burning your mouth!!! xxx Julie

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Oh dear George....hope he's feeling better! :)
Love the first photo best of all...gorgeous!
:)

Faded Charm said...

Your photos of all these flowers are just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your little world with us and I hope all is well with you my friend.

Take care,

Kathleen

Unknown said...

Carole I always love your pictures. These are so lovely.
I think it must be a thrill for you to see people coming in and out and taking all these plants home to put in their gardens. What I want to know is how do you you ever let 'em go?!hehe
hugs

trash talk said...

Ohmylanta, that white hydrangea is just beautiful. I planted one, but it isn't blooming...did I do something wrong? White ones are so hard to find here in my area. Love all the photos!
Debboe

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Hi there Carole,
Such lovely photographs of beautiful summer plants. Hydrangeas are one of my favourites but, I love the first one of the clemetis.I'm meeting my oldest friend today at our largest garden centre so, I'll be thinking of you when I stroll by the hydrangeas..... and when I'm having my lunch in the pub !!
Enjoy the weekend, Carole. XXXX

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi Carole, You are sharing some beautiful pictures again. Hydrangeas are among my favorite flowers and if we had a garden there would be lots of them.
I know you have to work on the weekend as well but maybe you'll find a little bit of time to relax as well.
Hugs to you,
Julia

Anne Marie said...

Hi Carole! All lovely images...and I'd like some of that manicoti to go with it please :)

Lori said...

what beautiful blooms!!! my flower beds are more weeds than blooms this year...but, that is my fault...and i am owning it...LOL...i was hoping to see a hair pic{?}...

erin's art and gardens said...

so glad to see you had time to "cease the moment". does that mean you are slowing down at work a little and are coming back to us? your images are beautiful...especially the first one. hope you are having a good weekend :0)

MJ Ornaments said...

Oh white hydrangeas my favorite too. Just dried some of the flowers and they always look beautiful. Hope you're having a great summer. Take care, Martha

Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely, LOVE!!! I kept heading out forgetting my camera. Glad you keep yours handy - I love your photography & beeeautiful layers!
Have a great weekend, and perhaps the over-nucker could prepare the salads instead. :)
Hugs,
Zuzu

Brenda Pruitt said...

Your photos are so lovely! I too love to photograph flowers and nature. It's like losing yourself in that lens and your problems dissolve.
Brenda

Sueann said...

Beautiful flowers and great photos!!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Verry beautiful pictures of verry beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing....Julian

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Carole,

I love your pretty hydrangeas and they are one of my favourite flowers. Over the drought period, some of my hydrangeas were looking sad, so I hope they buck up.
I hope that you enjoy the weekend and have some time to relax.

Hugs
Carolyn

Vicki Boster said...

Oh Carole - I just found your blog and I am absolutely in love with your mesmerizing photos and your incredible flowers. Two minutes later and I am your newest follower.

While it is easy for me to enjoy your lovely creations I know that it is hard, hard work that you do. I so appreciate that you additionally take the time to photograph such beauty for us all and to maintain this incredible blog.

I am so thrilled that I found you!

vicki

Millas hem said...

Lovely flowers!!!

Hugs Camilla

Unknown said...

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blogs. I know how super super busy you are this time of year. It's no wonder you didn't realize what day it was! It's probably all running together. I always enjoy you flower pics. so much. It's so blasted hot and humid here, there's not a whole lot that stays pretty all summer long.

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Hi Carole,
I was just trying to find your email address in my email to thank you two for a great time yesterday. Your greenhouse is awesome and I can not wait to see your gift shop open. Great fun, food and company. Let's do it again sometime:)I am glad the guys hit it off so well:)
~Debra

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Hi Carole~ Beautiful pictures.Have a lovely week.

The homesteadingcottage said...

Recently became a new follower and so glad I found your lovely blog (: I look forward to coming back for future posts!

So beautiful...being a southern lady, hydrangeas have a soft place in my heart. Thank you for sharing these visions of loveliness (:

Michele
XOXO

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Such beautiful photographs, absolutely make me want to run out in the garden and kiss my flowers!! Love your blog, so inspiring! Lidy

Evi said...

Carole,I love the photos. It seems to be a hydrangea year!
Have you talked to Paula, she is telling me, this year her blue lace caps are the best ever!
Mine are also doing well. They are top heavy, that's how big they are!.
Pasta Vita is feeding us here in N.Y. too, have some things in my freezer. I bemoan the fact that we are too far away! I would cook only once a week, maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!
XOXO,
Evi
PS. Let me know right away when the magazine comes in. Looking at them on the porch is my idea of heaven!