Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Gathering for Vintage Bling

Do you remember when I told you about the Vintage Jewelry event at

Gather in the center of Ivoryton Ct.?

Well I’m finally going to show you what you missed.

I know that’s not very fair

but I know you’ll love seeing it at least.


The event went on from 1-8pm
I was there at 2 and left hubby at work alone.
Nice hubby right?.
You can see from this picture that there was hours of
exploring to do. This was going to take time.
case of silver

I wasted no time shopping.
The cases were very organized by necklaces, rings,bracelets, charms,
silver, precious stones colors and themes.
red book
I did my shopping first and took pictures later.
I’m no dummy

rhinestone bracelets
I focused on the rhinestone pieces and the silver but don’t worry I took
pictures of more then that.
rhinestone pins

assortment
crystal pins
ring on finger
I thought I was done shopping but I decided to pick up this cute pinky ring.
Normally I don’t like to draw attention to my hands……there NOT my
best asset! usually dry and cracked from working in the dirt
but on my pinky it looked cute.
Does that give the impression that my rings don’t fit anymore??
I don’t know?

rings 2

rings

silver
pocket knife


dangles
These would be great for a black tie event.
I go to those a lot!
No!!!
but I’d like to.
blue green pins
It was fun grouping the different colors together.
The blues and aqua blues were striking.
blue pin 3
cobalt blue
blue pins 2
How about that IKE pin???
and that crown pin?
blue pins
The one on the bottom left is really gorgeous.
Why did I let that one go?
blue pin 4

cameos and bird pin

bird pin
I couldn’t resist this bird pin so that one came home with me.
animals
Animal theme pins.
cameos
I also bought this lovely bracelet!
see the more I photographed them the more I bought.
My little basket was filling right up.
I kept finding other customers picking my jewelry out of my basket.
Had to Slap their hand!
Kidding……. sort of.
What can I say I picked good stuff.

This was about the time that the hors de oeuvres were
coming out and the rum cider!
151 proof I might add.
`

green bracelet
This is our lovely hostess Deanna modeling this piece.
It looked great on her. Now she can pull off a colorful jewelry piece 
and I just can’t for some reason.
I look like I’m wearing my mothers jewelry…
and not to give the impression that I look that young either.
Hey maybe I should wear colorful jewelry!
green necklace

pink pins

sex and the city jewelry
NOW here is the BIG BLING BLING
though it is not vintage. They told me that this is made
by the same designer that made the jewelry for Sex and the City.
I can picture Carrie Bradshaw wearing this.
bling bling bracelets
Isn’t this wild??
Not that anyone would wear that many pieces of jewelry at one time
but how cool is that?

The event was a great success and I know
the girls of Dawns Vintage Jewelry will be back again.

I left that night at 7…yep I was there that long….
As people were getting out of work
more were walking thru Gathers doors….
Some trying on jewelry, some shopping her vast and wondrous
inventory of the rest of the shop ,
some drinking coffee from Ashlawn Farms, some
sitting in her wonderful and comfy new used books section
 and catching up with friends and neighbors. 
The place was abuzz with people.
It was exciting to see.
The name of the store really fits this place.
It truly is a place for the towns people
to “Gather” which was the vision Deanna
had when she opened the store 3 years ago. 
When I walked out thru the doors the sound of laughter fading in the background.
The memory of a great day with
 friends was
now
mine!
and a few lovely pieces to add to my collection too.

Thanks Deanna!

29 comments:

Olive said...

I would have stayed that long too! The pieces you bought are gorgeous. I would also have been in serious trouble when I left. The cameos are talking to me. Thanks for posting this. ♥O

The French Bear said...

Gorgeous, I would have been there too, wow, some very pretty bling!!!!
I agree with Olive about the cameos! Love the black one....once I saw a grey one, I really should have bought it, I have never seen one since!!!
Your hands look lovely......
Hugs,
Margaret B

oldgreymare said...

Help! I am gasping for air!

I had no idea the show was THIS fabulous.You told me... Why oh why did I not send you money to buy for me? ( after you picked yours of course :0)

I need to catch my breath, have a drink hehe and go back and look some more...very slowly. torture!

xx

z

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

CRIKEY Carole,
That is a LOT of jewellery !!!!..... and, all of it gorgeous......my favourites are the silver and rhinestone pieces too.....if I'd been there I might of had to fight you for them and you might of had to slap my hand as well !!!! haha. I also love the silver penknife (?) and the long earrings.
I love the fact that lots of local people were there.... a lovely sense of community.
How much did you buy and can we see all of your purchases ?.... and, does George know ?!!!! hehe XXXX

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

I would so wear almost that much jewelry;)ha ha I love everything you photographed! What a great fun event to put on. That pinky ring is adorable. So glad you had fun:)
~Debra
Capers of the vintage vixens

Brenda Pruitt said...

Looks like a splendid event! I love your banner. Did you make it yourself?
Brenda

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

I luv all that DELICIOUS bling! Very tasty and the vignettes are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.....Julian

Chemin des Muguets said...

Hi Carole,

What fun!
I love the bird pin-its a treasure.
Your pictures are terrific too!

Cheers,

Marjorie

Chemin des Muguets said...

Hi Carole,
What a fun event! Had I been there I would have gotten my hand slapped pawing through your basket for that sweet bird pin. Its a treasure!

Great pictures too.

Fondly,
Marjorie

Chemin des Muguets said...

Hi Carole,
Moi encore. Sorry for the duplicate message. Some computer glitch.
M

trash talk said...

First off...forget Carrie...I want to see ME wearing that necklace...and the bracelets...all.at.one.time!
I love your selections especially the bracelet. The coloration is gorgeous!
That is a superb inventory and I understand totally why it would take a lo-o-ong time to make decisions.
Final note...loved the chandi earrings, but on me they'd be hanging a little lower than my shoulders!
Debbie

Renée Finberg said...

thanks for the serious 5 minutes of torture!!
digging for vintage jewelry is one of my favorite things to do.
ever!!

and best of all ,
i love wearing it,

xx

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Mamma mia... dio mio...bellissima !!!!!
and anything other saying you can think of right now!! that is some mother load you've found there.... all those beautiful rhinestone and marquesite I think I would of been pinching your stash also...unless of course I knocked you down to get to it first... love all those little artifacts too. That little penknife could join my mother of pearl and become a collection [of two!! haha]...

Wow Carole.. looks like this was a wonderful event.... Deanna's vision has certainly been fulfilled with Gather...

Have a fab day!!! xxx Julie

Vicki Boster said...

Oh my - this made my heart stop - what a wonderful exhibit of jewelry! (and here I am attatching vintage jewelry to those shorebird nests!!) Your photos are magnificent - how in the world did you not spend all of your money there! Love this - you rock for posting this!

Vicki

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Carole,

What a fun event and I can only imagine how wonderful it would be looking around all the exquisite treasures. Glad that you took home those precious pieces. I love vintage jewelery and used to enjoy going to Estate sales.

Happy Thursday
Hugs
Carolyn

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Wow, Carole, These are a lot of gorgeous jewelry pieces! What a great event! I love everything with rhinestones and the bracelet you have chosen is awesome too. Have fun wearing it :-)!
Big HUGS to you,
Julia

Sueann said...

Wow! Fabulous pieces! I would have been hard pressed to leave any of those there!!!! Thanks for sharing your shopping adventure.
Hugs
SueAnn

Donna Reyne' said...

First of all...Tell Deanna she has amazing style and second...I would be in trouble!
I love it all!
Each piece is goreous and old or new has a history look to it!
Like...I have a story to tell if I could talk kinda feel!
Yes...I would be in trouble!
I adore your new bird pin!
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs to you my friend!
Donna

Jill said...

Wow. What a show, and I LOVE your pinky ring!! Glad you bought it! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Susan deGeneres said...

Hi Carole,
I love vintage jewelry and I'm sitting here drooling all over the key board. I don't know how you were able to pick from such a fabulous collection.
Hugs,
Susan

Debra@CommonGround said...

I'm blinded by all that sparkle, AND I'm drooling big time!!! Great pinky ring, looks good on you!!
xo,
Debra

Tanya said...

I am sufficiently green with envy, now - enough to last at least a month, I would say. GREAT photos, too!

MJ Ornaments said...

Blingity bling bling! Oh my gosh Carole, just gorgeous! I love the ring you chose, really beautiful. Love it all, Martha

Heaven's Walk said...

Oh my goodness, Carole! Talk about eye candy! All of those pieces are just stunning - and I love the ones you picked out. You've got good taste, my friend! lol! My wallet would'ave taken a HUGE hit if I had been there.....

Thanks so much for the help with the 'no-reply' issue on my blog. I think I fixed it. Let me know if it works for you!

xoxo laurie

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Hey you....wow what a post! Love the ring you got,I would have bought that too!! Love the cross and all the silver! Hope you are well,have a great day! x0

Carol @ A Bird in Hand said...

Carole - Thanks so much for visiting me. I LOVE all the pins....they are my favorite!

Sending sweet wishes your way...Carol Bass

Heaven's Walk said...

Hi Carole - Thank you for helping me some more with that 'no-reply' issue I'm having on my blog. I THINK I've got it nailed now. If you get a chance, would you give it a try and see if it works?

Hugs! xoxo laurie

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

How did I ever miss this post? I know it was the day I was flying (literally...in the air).
Wonderful beautiful bling! I wish I had been there. That little silver knife is so similar to one that I have from my great grandmother. Gee, I haven't seen it in years...where the heck did I put that? lol. Love the little bird pin and some of those deep blue pieces...sigh!
Great post! Deanna makes an awesome jewelry model!
:)

the old white house said...

So many wonderful pieces to choose from... however did you decide? I was imagining myself there and am afraid I would have been going in circles trying to decide what I NEEDED to have! Love the pinky ring and yes my hands usually are not my best feature which is why I have my girls do the 'hand modeling' for me :) Theresa xoxo