Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

A happy occasion

Wedding showers are one of those occasions
I'll be honest I usually don't look forward to but this was one
I knew I would enjoy.
I was right.


Starting with the look on the beautiful bride to be.
She looked surprised but when
 I talked to her later she admitted that seeing
her mom run around the house like a chicken with her
 head cut off tipped her off that something was up.
Her future Mother in Law on her left.
or is it her right?.......our left:)

I'm sorry about Kathleen's head in the foreground.
Why I didn't crop that out I don't know.
Sorry Kathleen.....but you do have a lovely head of hair that
I would die for.


The party was held in her mom's backyard.
Very secluded though it backs up to other houses...but the
fencing all around and the large trees made it
a cool and inviting spot.
Perfect for a late summer party.



YES I'm very late in showing this post.
As a matter of fact the wedding is tomorrow.



Before getting to the party location you have to
meander through the formal garden that husband Joe
has been working on since they first moved into this
historic home 12 yrs ago.





The fountain came from an estate in Pennsylvania.
Being an auctioneer he gets an opportunity to
furnish not only their home but their garden as well.
Lucky huh?




I had to share with you the dress that Kathleen wore.
 Layers of grey, black and cream silk along the hem.
It was hot that afternoon so when she stepped outside she realized that what she had on was not going to be cool enough
so she slipped this little number on.
Don't you just love it?

The food was incredible and lucky for me the Maid of Honor who planned the food is a vegan so there was plenty of food I could eat.
I know it's not all about me!


It's about Jen.
We all loved the way she was dressed. You guys don't know this but she always dresses in Black.
But RED NEVER 
She was radiant in this red and white strapless dress.

I brought her....what else? a plant! real stretch.
Her mom told me she wanted one so I was happy to bring it.



The card

There was never a doubt as to the present Paula brought. This occasion was no exception. She unfortunately wasn't able to be there. I think she would have loved to see the joy on her face in person as she unwrapped it.

Two little bird Bride and Groom. She got them online but I never did catch the name of who made them.
They were so cute and I wish I had remembered
to take a close up picture of them.



She even found a garlic press in the shape of a bird to
decorate the outside of the present.

I know as one that's been lucky enough
to receive a present from Paula that you know
 she's taken as much time
in the presentation as the actual present.
And as we all know that means a lot!


A vintage tablecloth from her soon to be SIL.
who also owns a Vintage shop.




This was the cake that Ginny made.
Coconut cake that she drizzles rum and sugar in between the layers.
The best I've ever had.
She makes it for most of her parties and every last bite gets eaten.
Anyways beside the cake check out how clever
this cake dress is.


You can tell we were having a little fun with Ken and Barbie.
Him feeding her the cake.
I must have taken 20 pictures of that.
I'm sparing you!


Jen holding up her future husbands photos as a child.
Maybe at that point we might have had too much wine...
or the heat was getting to us.
we were getting pretty silly.



Sugar crash



Well the wedding is tomorrow.
The weather here has been rainy and windy for days now
but I think by the afternoon it's suppose to clear up.

Thanks for letting me relive such a happy time.
Hope you enjoyed it.

Sorry about the confusion with the comment thing on
the last post and your emails concerning it.
You guys are the best!
Have a great weekend.
I know we will!

xxx

21 comments:

Vicki Boster said...

Oh my - really oh my gosh - this is a fabulous post. Absolutely beautiful in every way. What a wonderful shower, the decorations, the sentiment, the food - the bride! You have made this such a special occasion by posting this for them on your beautiful blog! Thanks for sharing this - I was mesmerized!

Vicki

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Jen will be a beautiful bride!
It looks as if it was a lovely shower and that a good time was had by all. Best of luck to the newlyweds! :)

oldgreymare said...

Best wishes for the happy couple. Hope the day is just as lovely as the bride.

xxx
z

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi Carole, What a wonderful garden party for the lovely bride. It looks like all of you enjoyed it and had lots of fun! The card you made is beautiful and so romantic! All the best for the couple and hopefully the sun will come out for the wedding!
xoxo,
Julia

Faded Charm said...

Looks like a wonderful party and that yard is so wonderful. I wish my backyard looked just like that with all the boxwood hedges.

Thanks for your concerns. He is doing better and all the swelling and bruising is going down. He will have to be on crutches for quite a while, so that will take some gtting used to.

I think I need to order one of your magazines ....I deserve to be able to sit and relax while thumbing through the pages, don't you think after all we've been through.

Enjoy your weekend and wedding.

Kathleen

Sueann said...

What a beautiful garden party. And that cake was awesome. But I have to say it was a little creepy seeing the bride topper with her lower half missing...Ha!
Beautiful photos by the way!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Anonymous said...

How fun! Congratulations to the Bride & Groom!!!
Hugs,
Zuzu

Unknown said...

I loved everything about the shower. Her skirt was just adorable. And how did you make those pictures turn out like they did?

What a neat mosaic. Just everything was perfect!

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

What a pretty place to have a shower:) Your photos told the whole story of how fun it must have been. I'll bet she makes a beautiful Bride:) Have a great weekend.
~Debra
Capers of the vintage vixens

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Dear Carole,
Well, I reallly don't know where to start !!
First of all,, the gardens are just too wonderful for words....I like my garden but I don't think I would want to show you ours, as all of the places that you show us are just gorgeous. The beautiful hedges, the fountain, the urn on the pedastal.... all perfect.
Then, all of the effort that has gone into it.... we don't have Wedding Showers. My sister went to one when she was visiting her friend in Atlanta and told me all about it. The cake, the food, the presents ( yours looks beautiful by the way and the photograph that you have taken of it is brilliant) .... all amazing. Paula's present is perfect and beautifully wrapped.
I also LOVE Kathleen's outfit. I'm very into wearing silk myself, at the moment.
One more thing !!.....In the collage, Jen is holding a framed picture. When we were in Italy, I took lots of photographs of 'letters' seen in the architecture and am going to give my neices framed pitures of their new babies names spelled out in the photos that I took. I think that is the same as the picture Jen is holding isn't it ? I don't know if you can understand all of that !!!!! ....I know what I mean !!
Hope the wedding was wonderful. Please email me and tell me all about it !!
That was a great post.....I felt as if I had gone to the wedding shower. XXXX

Passionate for White said...

I thoroughly enjoyed EVERYTHING about this post. It was a nice read, pretty pictures and a romantic backdrop.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Carole,

What a lovely post and I enjoyed hearing about and seeing the wedding shower photos.
Looks like a great day was had by all and what a perfect garden.
Hope that the wedding was fabulous and wish the new couple all the very best wishes for the future.

Hugs
Carolyn

Dee@FrenchBleuVintage said...

Hi Carole~ What an absolutely fantastic post. The garden, fountain, dress, cake everything wonderful. And today couldn't have been nicer for a wedding (although I bet the bride was plenty nervous- the rain was awful yesterday) Can't wait to see the wedding photos. I need to order a JDL from you next. Have a great Sunday - Im off to the ETrunk.

Olive said...

The garden is gorgeous as is the bride. I always enjoy anything involving weddings. ♥o

Heaven's Walk said...

LOL! Oh, Carole - I was just laughing all the way through your post today! Usually showers are such a dreaded event in my life....but yours looked like a blast!!! :) LOVED the "sugar crash" photo! What a hoot!!! lol! Thanks for giving me a giggle today.... :)

xoxo laurie

Karena said...

Carole what a wonderful happenning at a most beautiful setting!!

Really enjoyed the images!

Karena
Art by Karena

Rosemary said...

What a fun shower, I'm with you on the shower thing, but this was an exception.
I'm sure the wedding was amazing, and what a pretty bride.
Love her ring!!
Have a nice week,
xo,
Rosemary

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Dear Carole
The bride to be is stunning!! what a gorgeous girl and what a great find with Ken and Barbie!! that cakes is fantastic and I can imagine the fun you were having with Ken!!

so many lovely things in this post.. first your photos.. the beautiful gardens.. and then all the gorgeous bits and pieces and did you make that card you clever thing? Love what Paula sent.. too cute.. and the vintage tablecloth is fabulous too... Looks like it was a terrific day... and can imagine the wedding was just as good... you'll have to show us that next....

So I have returned from the wilderness... a temporary reprieve with prepaid internet.. although I can see the usage ticking by which is starting to annoy me already so will have to find a more permanent solution!!!

Take care and catch you again soon.... xxxx Julie

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

What a wonderful place and party! She will make a gorgeous bride!!!

Evi said...

Oh my God, that lookes like lots of fun. Loved the cake. What a clever idea.
Jen,from what Paula told me was an absolutely beautiful bride and the whole wedding was dreamy. Can't wait to see the pictures.
When you see Jen and Ginny, give them our love and congratulations.
Will stop at Ginnies shop when we visit you all.
Paula told me about the birdies, and they are wonderful and I heard they graced the cake.
Our friend Paula is a very, very talented lady and a great friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
XOXO, Evi

Candylei said...

Oh, it looks like everyone had a great time. Thank you for sharing the party and pictures with us! They all make me smile!