Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

so so hot


Another day of heat to go.
( it's been a heatwave in many parts of the country)
Today it read 95 on my car thermometer.
I kept thinking it was going to lower when I started to drive down the road....but no.
It's been hot all week and I've been able to handle it
pretty well....but today was a killer.
Today I did hydrate myself more.
I started to realize that I hadn't been drinking enough
water and started to get a headache.
A sure sign of heat exhaustion.
Also so important to wear a hat. Keeping your head cool is also key to making it thru this kind of sun and heat.
....and if you can


RELAX



See my cats are well trained in the ways of avoiding heat exhaustion.


and drinking plenty of water.

We keep lots of bowls of water all over this place.
One of our crazy stray cats used to stand in the water while he drank it.

As you can see Charlotte isn't too afraid of water either.
Being a cat in a greenhouse you have to expect to get sprayed with water now and then.



Stay cool my friends and have 
a great weekend.

I'll be here sweating:)



Carole 

7 comments:

oldgreymare said...

As you can see, I shave my pooches to keep them cool but then they have to stay indoors, or they get sunburned.

I think I would hold the hose nozzle straight up and make myself a shower to stand beneath.
Stay cool and yes, hydrate!
xx
z

A New England Life said...

Wasn't it awful, Carole? My daughter is at the Gathering of the Vibes in Bridgeport, CT. Honestly I can't believe she has survived yesterday and today. She has never done well in the heat and still has two days to go!

Don't you have air conditioning in your house?

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hey Carole, I love all your kitties. They are just so cute. I wouldn't mind if you'd send some degrees over to me. Yesterday evening I was tempted to turn the heat on but then decided to just sit on the sofa with a hot water bottle. Can you imagine? It's only 57 and it rains and when the weather forecast is right, than this won't change for the whole next week. I don't really complain though because I like heat and humidity even less than what we have here now.
Please drink enough water. I tend to forget this too but it's so important.
Stay cool, dear friend!
xoxo,
Julia

Sueann said...

Hot here too!! Groan...but I love this over the freezing cold we had last winter. So I am loving this summer for sure!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Crazy cats!! actually they looks quite happy lazying around Charlotte is a help yourself kind of gal!!! hehe

Try to stay cool Carole.. I know we had monster heat waves our last summer. Seems so long ago now..

Have a great weekend and don't work too hard.. ciao xxx Julie

Heaven's Walk said...

Ahhhhh.....to live a cat's life, huh, Carole! lol! Lay around. Stretch. Drink water. Play in the water. And nap. Yup. I could do it! lol!

Thanks for the tip on needing a laser printer when using Matte Medium. I didn't know that! My inkjet printer did work when I MP'd those pots. Don't know why. Maybe I lucked out?? :)

xoxo laurie

erin's art and gardens said...

hi carole.......just had to say i laughed out loud when i read about your stray that stands in the water while drinkong!! hilarious. that is one of the reasons i LOVE cats! it is so dern hot here too AND no rain.....er

stay cool,
erin
xxoo