Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

More Saybrook Art and Craft Fair

Saturday the first day of the art and craft fair was blessed with
cooler temperatures. The day before we had 95 degree temps while these poor crafters
had to set up.
They must really love what they do.... that’s all I can say.
One of the first booths I came  to was a photographer
called ABC Photo


You can find her website
OS Craft fair_04july 2011
We’ve all seen these framed but I like their take on it
and has a more casual look.
home faith

peace faith


OS Craft fair_05july 2011
If I had horses I would want the two on the far right.
Ok even without having any horse.
DSC_0096

This is also one of the most interesting booths that is here every year.
Using old driftwood and found parts he puts his skills to work to create some
pretty interesting creatures.
DSC_0098
Friends of ours have one of these fish in their bathroom.


DSC_0097

I’m not into fish but I think this guy would make a great addition to a garden fence.
Though he might frighten people at night.
Doesn’t it remind you of the tree people in Lord of the Rings?

DSC_0099

Lots more photos so I’ll keep the chatting down and let you enjoy.
DSC_0161

DSC_0163

DSC_0164

DSC_0110

DSC_0111
Noticed the no photos too late. Opps

Just love the way the light plays off the glass.
DSC_0112

DSC_0124

nautical

DSC_0102


DSC_0128
I thought of Evi when I saw this quilt. She just loves red and white and does
such a beautiful job decorating her house with it.
What do you think Evi would you buy this?

DSC_0120

DSC_0122

DSC_0125

DSC_0126

DSC_0131
I loved these succulent gardens and took lots of pics so
I’ll save those for the next post.

s&p

Tassels made from salt and pepper shakers. Wouldn’t they be great using old tarnished silver ones.
I tried looking for a mostly white one

ram
This was the closest I found.
I thought it was a sheep but on better inspection I think it’s a ram.
See the curly cue around the ears.
Ram right?
If you like their tassels
click HERE and see their other showtimes.
pottery
Pretty in Blue!

pj bead
I bought something from this vendor.
Her business is called PJ Beads and turns out she from Old Saybrook.
Said it right there on her sign…..but I didn’t notice until I looked at my photos later.

clock
It was 5pm and time for the vendors to pack up for the day,
back for another day of selling on Sunday. 
town hall
In the background the old school turned Town Hall.
Such a picturesque old building.

esty
Walking back to the car admiring some of the shops along Main street.
Esty’s lamp repair shop has been a landmark in town since 1971.
azul

OS Craft fair_18july 2011

When I first went by Azul’s clothing shop I saw someone admiring this bag.
I wanted to take a better look the next time around.
I don’t usually like leather bags but I really like this white one.

Just incase you were wondering what to get me for my birthday:) just kidding


Hopefully you enjoyed the fair…….
be back to show you what I  bought and more plants.
Carole

15 comments:

Karen said...

Whew that's a lot of great eye candy Carole. Those fairs are a lot of fun. I cant wait to see what you bought.

the old white house said...

So much talent there, I'm not into fish as decor but I love the way that artists brain works! He needs to join Gina for Transformation Thursday ;O
The lighthouse picture is beautiful, I just love all of the muted tones. It looks like you saw some very inspiring and beautiful things Carole, I can't wait to see what you took home with you!
t. xoxoxoo

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

What a great fair, Carole. The photographer had such a cool idea with those ABC photos. Even though it's too modern for my decoration style, I'm totally impressed. I love that skeleton fish and the quilts, especially the left one. The bird house is lovely and the tassels are so creative.
Thank you for sharing the show with us!
Have a great weekend :-)!
xoxo,
Julia

Dorthe said...

Carole, must be such a special experience,being able to visit those big fairs.
And my, do they have wonderful things to show---
I am totally agreed with Julia, here- LOVE the red/white quilt- the birdhouse, and tassels-too.
Also in love with several of the beautiful jewlery pieces from your post below- so special to use glass to make lovely necklaces.
Have a great week-end dear Carole--here it rains-and rains-and rains......
Hugs,Dorthe

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

What a wonderful fair... thanks for the tour.
I do love that quilt... I'm sure Evi would too.
Enjoy this final weekend in July!
Susan x

time worn interiors said...

I love the photos that they turned into words! Looked like a fun show!
tot

traci said...

i did enjoy the fair. thanks so much for letting me tag along. i love that white bag.

oldgreymare said...

what a charming show
I want the spoon windchime, a couple of those cool fish and i'll arm wrestle you for the purse :D

xxx
z
p.s.
(30 minutes till they arrive) YIKES!!!!!

Olive said...

The red/white quilt is so charming. Joe's mom used to make them. Every time I try to take photos at any event like this people get terribly grumpy. They do not know that I have zero craftiness. I once had a guy yell at me for taking a picture of his vegetables.

Miss Gracie's House said...

What wonderful treasures! The photo/words were my favorite...
Rene
P.S. I love your header...it is so pretty.

offset printing said...

Oh I am so enthralled with the photos. I wanna have those stuff. They all looked great and awesome. Thanks for sharing this.

Michelle Emily Sophie said...

Carole, your photos get more and more beautiful. LOVE that same horse photo - would have been great for Emily's room!

Michelle

June said...

If you could make a decision on what to buy at this amazing fair you are better girl than I am. So much great stuff! I am one of those crazy ladies who gets overwhelmed and sometimes leave with nothing and then regret it later.
I can't get over your beautiful photos Carole!
hugs from here...

Connys Cottage said...

great market

Vicki Boster said...

Oh my gosh - love the driftwood, and the soaps, and the pottery, and the beads~~ I could have just spent the day there - love to do those sorts of things. Your photos are just fabulous!!

Vicki