Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Little Works of Grace

The other day I received a package from a new blog friend Laura from Little Works of Grace. I found her beautiful blog thru Christine Crocker~ an 18th c. reproduction dollmaker who many of you may have heard of. Her website is called the Pastoral Dollmaker. Her daughter Katie ~ from Sparrows Cottage is also very talented. They both have the most beautiful blogs that will inspire you and make you feel like your walking into another century when life was calmer and simpler. Laura's blog is much the same and you will fall in love with her images and her works as well as her gentle way of seeing the world.
I should also mention that I would not have ever known of any of these wonderfully talented women if it wasn't for my good friend Ginny who first bought one of Christine's dolls. She's very familiar with real antique dolls since she owns an antique store full of primitive early american. She had never seen any modern dollmaker make them as well as Christine.
Well.... we'll have to get into that another time when I can show you her lovingly restored home and her doll collection........

I have a package to unwrap!!!!!


I wanted to wait until I got home to open it. It was so nicely wrapped with care. Simple but elegant.....
I love the little tag she added and the silk ribbon....from my favorite ribbon maker ~Midori perhaps??? I am a bit of a ribbon nut and just love good ribbon. Excuse the dry old hands I get this time of year. I'm really not that old just my hands are...lol

Laura had posted her "little workes for sale" and I wanted one of everything til I saw the journal she called "The Farmers Wife"
I thought " I have to have it"
How appropriate since the name of our gift shop is The Farmers Wife.

I was thrilled when I saw it. It was even better then the picture and the best part was that it was made by Laura herself. The farmer wife cutout was beautiful coated in beeswax to protect her.

As soon as I put the book on the bed Nigella came running to see what I had come home with. Paper is her favorite thing in the whole world well except for tuna juice....no not tuna... just the juice! are there other cats out there that just like the juice? I had never known of one that didn't eat tuna????

Nigella was trying so hard to be a good girl and listen to Mommy but she just couldn't help herself....


and had to give the farmers wife a gentle little pat.

I guess it's her way of saying welcome!!!!
One thing I've learned is that she's pretty stubborn and I might as well let her have her way and get it over with. I knew she'd be gentle....
Then she just gets bored and rolls over and goes to sleep.....like all good kitties do.
Thank you Laura for the wonderful journal that I'll treasure forever!
Nigella loves it too!!!!

17 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a lovely journal and such a beautiful cat! I will definitely check out her website.

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Beautiful journal....beautiful kitty, beautiful post!

a little work of grace said...

Well, isn't she just about the sweetest kitty; and sweet on The Farmer's Wife too!

Thank you Carole, I'm glad you're both enjoying the journal.

Laura:)

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Carole,
Everything is very beautiful and that Nigella giving The Farmer's Wife a little welcoming pat just made me smile. What a sweet girl.
Happy weekend, off to visit your links, thank you for sharing.
~Tracie

vicki archer said...

What a delicious package, xv.

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

How beautiful is that!! Love it,looks so vintage and romantic! O.K. I am loving your cat,we had one like that years ago and I still miss him!Thanks for stopping by, glad you like my clocks! See ya, Chrissy

Anne Marie said...

that was delightful!
and I absolutely love the closeup of your fingers (gardeners)

totally cute kitty!
and SO GREAT gift....where on earth did she get that stamp? love it.

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

What a beautiful journal! And your cat is soooo darling!

Thank you for your kind words re my etsy shop. =)

anythinggoeshere said...

What a wonderful package. Everything about the packaging is inspiring. Thanks for sharing. About those gutter end caps on my blog...you have to get your junker shoes on and hit some estate sale basements and garages and you'll find some. You just didn't notice them before. xo Joan

Rosemary said...

I love it! It's just beautiful, and so is kitty!
The answer to your question about the crown embellishment, is I sort of knew what I would do with it.
Have a great weekend,
Rosemary

Les Cotrions said...

Ohhh your journal is just lovely and so well wrapped! I like the tag!!!
You've a very beautiful cat!!!
Have a nice week end!
Vale

Crinoline said...

Hi Carole. What a beautiful journal and it was well wrapped.Your cat is so cute.And Carole,visit Norway and me my guest.

Bonjade said...

What a beautiful, beautiful, gift.
I am a bit jealous.....
And Nigella, oh what a sweety.
Give her a big hug from me.
Thanks.
Nice evening

Jeannette said...

What a gorgeous wrapped book. No wonder Nigella had to see and touch it...I would just do the same. :)
I can see why you fell in love with that journal...it´s a beauty.
Have a great Sunday, Jeannette

Bleudelavande said...

What wonderful wrapped book!!!
And your cat is very very beautiful!
Tank you for sharing!!!
Have a nice week

Poppy said...

Very beautiful and wrapped so lovely!

Nigella looks adorable, I have never heard of a cat liking juice! :0)

Have a lovely week…love Lou xxx

christelle said...

Comme toujours , chez toi, c'est beau et raffiné et c'est un plaisir de découvrir tes créations et ...ton chat qui resemble à l'un des miens !