Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

B&W for Halloween!!!!

A little spookiness never hurt anyone.. right???Laura!!

Not everyone would agree so I'm limiting the scary stuff.



In reality I don't like the gory Halloween decorations in the house. My husband on the other hand this year has been buying so much of the tackiest halloween things. Thank goodness he leaves them outside where they belong!!!
It usually doesn't scare me except for this morning when I was looking for the cat outside and the motion detected skeleton went off with a blood curdling scream!!!! Darn him... I jumped a mile. He would have been laughing his head off. I did too.....after
Of course I later realized I'd already let the cat in :)


Indoors I enjoy more classic scary items....if there is such a thing!


A few white lights to help give a little more sparkle. I love clown decorations! I have friends that find them creepy. Can you explain why???? I even thought I'd love to decorate a room with old carnival and circus things. Not always easy to find though. I love that old carny stuff. Their was a show we used to watch on HBO called Carnival a few years back. It was set during the Depression. My husband described it as a struggle between good and evil because it did have a religious tone to it. Probably why it disturbed people. We always like shows no one else likes. I always tell my husband that if we love it then it doesn't stand a chance. We're the kiss of death! Ha-ha!!! The only friend that watched it was my friend Ginny...... she loves all that spooky stuff. I'd love to hear if you liked that show or........ if you at least heard of it.

Now you probably really think I'm weird. Oh right I hear you...you already did!!!
This is a witch made by my friend Cathy of Cheswick Co. she makes some of the best folk art pieces and also sells patterns if your clever like that. Sorry if these pictures are not the best. I was going to do a little photo editing but my program was giving me trouble so I uninstalled it. Computers are great when they're working right but not so when they're not!
No News flash there!

I hope you all have a great Sunday!!!!
***



Please go visit Anne Marie at NaDa Farmlife for more Black and White lovelies!!!!

13 comments:

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Fabulous Carole!!
I love all your Halloween things and how you have lit them up. Just gorgeous!

The candelabras are my favourites and I quite like the circus feel also. In fact I love the whole circus thing but sort of understand how some think Clowns are creepy.. hahahah Maybe it is their false persona... kids know these things.. and grow up to be adults with a grudge.. haha

Got to say I love those witches your friend makes also.. so I can safely say... I LOVE it ALL

I feel like decorating my place for Halloween now!! Have a great Sunday xx Julie

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Hello dear Carole,
Yes, this is me...fraidycat Laura. I hate clowns...it's the mask! Who is really behind the mask? Or as Julie put it...the false persona.
But the little circus bear with "Good Fortune" is cute and Cathy's witch is almost sweet..Your pics are great as usual...but get that skeleton out of your lovely chandelier! Just a few more days until Halloween is over...can't wait!!!
Take SPECIAL care,
Laura

Les Cotrions said...

Hello Carole! Your black & white post is very nice! I don't like Halloween very much...it isn't part of our tradition... we have imported it not many years ago! Here it's mostly for children but when I was a child we hadn't it!
Wish you a nice Sunday!!!
Vale

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Hi there Carole,
Fabulous Halloween B&W photographs. I'm one of those who is not so keen on clowns... I think it was Stephen King's 'It' that finally did it....pretty creepy film. Funny though, we always go and see Cirque du Soleil when it's here. It's one of my favourite shows. As you know, we don't celebrate Halloween quite as much here in England, as you do, but it gets bigger every year. Enjoy Halloween and don't forget to look behind you !!!! BOO ! XXXX

Gigi Thibodeau said...

Wonderful post, Carole! I loved that show on HBO, too, and I love anything circus or carnival-related. In fact, my favorite place to take photos is at carnivals. There is something a bit spooky about them, but that's part of what attracts me! xoxo

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Carole, I love your Halloween decoration! The sculls and bones in the chandelier are awesome in particular!

June said...

Hi Carole, yep, I'm not a clown lover either, but I LOVE all your Halloween decor. It's so chic! I like Halloween, creepy, scary, chic, cute, fun, anyway I can get it. But I don't decorate for it. Isn't that wierd? I'm loving all the scary stuff on TV right now. I haven't ever heard of that program though, but I'm sure I would have loved it.
Tell hubby great job for scaring the beejeebies out of you. I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you.lol
Hugs,
June

Luiza said...

I´m so afraid of all scary things....
I´m laughing when I´m reading your post,at the part where you got scared of the skeleton that went off with that scream =D

Thank you, Carole, for your comments on my post and especially the last one, it´s so touching warming.
I can only say: likevise. And thank´s for beeing so supportive.

I wish you a great sunday.

Hugs/
Luiza

maria cecilia said...

Hello Carole, I like very much this B&W post. Here in Chile we are celebrating this halloween since only few years and only few people decorate their houses... but children love go picking candies in scary outfits!!
Have a wonderful week
Maria Cecilia

Chemin des Muguets said...

Hi Carole,

I love the mood and up-lighting in the pics. They look pretty good and spooky to me.

Love,

Marjorie

Draffin Bears said...

Wonderful Carole.
I love all your black and white Halloween spooky decorations. Your photos are great and thank you for showing us them.

happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

kjkljk;ljljgjgfuyhd said...

Neat pictures, Carole!
The ones with the candles are spooky :+}
I remember that HBO special! The costumes, the colors, the strangeness of it was so cool. Wouldn't a movie like that be great?
Franny

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVE the B&W for Halloween... more dramatic!