Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

Little treasures


After 3 weeks I'm finally getting around to showing some of my junk... ah, I mean treasures from Brimfield. I was saving these pictures for White Wednesday but looking at them I realized they are not really all white. Putting them on white ledger paper doesn't make it so. You would have given me poetic license I'm sure.........your sweet and forgiving and kind like that!!!
Really I just couldn't keep putting it off.
So here it is.....some of it that is.




These pieces were from a couple of bags of junk jewelry that I pd $5 each. That was the best deal on jewelry I bought. I'm still working on sorting it. There was so much of it. I'll have to show it to you when I get it separated. If I figured in my time I suppose it did cost me a whole lot more. But as my husbands says sarcastically "Our time is never worth anything"
Well speak for yourself! my dear!

There's my girl right in the middle of the action. Wouldn't want to miss anything? There might be some precious piece of jewelry that I'd look good wearing?
"This piece is very nice"

Not too many photos bought on this trip. Noticed too late that I had covered the picture of a young boy with the glasses. Oopps! Little silver plated box with embossed birds

Metal door plates...

Never would I have imaged I would have been buying crosses but with the whole Jeanne d'Arc Living look they're a must have. Little white baby shoes not really that old but sweet.

More rosary beads for $2 and a silver plate mirror I bought in M. Bouckville for $3-$4.... forget now!
That's it for now!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. We'll be working.....but don't feel bad for us. This month we're closed 4 days in the week. I still didn't get much accomplished except 1 Spring order just sent out today. Many many more to go.
I was going over in my head all the things I need to get done before the Holidays are here and I go into Berserk mode. The thought made me panic a little.
I've been so bad this year in getting things done. I'm starting to see my procrastination is getting out of hand so if you don't see me as often don't be worried. I'm just getting some much needed things tended to.
I'm awed by all creative things that I see some of you ladies doing and still blogging, running your children around, decorating your homes, painting your houses, painting your furniture, painting the world, gardening.....you name it.
You are my inspiration!!!
Truly!
Love,
Carole

These were pieces of rhinestone I picked up for a dollar each. The rosary beads I pd $2 for and the little butter dish $1.

16 comments:

Anne Lorys said...

That's some awesome junk! And in my book, the word junk is high praise.
You done good, girl!
Have a great weekend,
Anne

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hey Carole
Once again.. drool worthy purchases. Lock your doors tonight cause I'm a coming over.. to relieve you of your junk!! Leave some of that pumpkin with butter and cheese out will you? sounds fabulous!! I'm sort of a reverse Santa Claus... i sneak in.. eat your snacks.. and take your treasures!! hehehe
Have fun.. and you rest too!! xx Julie

Julie@beingRUBY said...

OOH .. Another idea.. maybe I can make you my personal shopper???

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Carole,

You are truly inspirational and I love to come and visit.
I adore all the beautiful treasures you came home with ~ how lucky.
I especially love the jewellery.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Magdalena said...

Lovely , lovely things you have found...
what are you going to do with so many beautiful things?Are you planning to open a shop? if so I will be the first one to buy in it!hahaha.
Take care and have a great week end,
Magdalena/Color Sepia

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Wonderful treasures! I especially love the rhinestone pieces and the silver plated mirror. Julia :-)

Luiza said...

You have found so many beautiful things. The photos you made of them, are so inspirational.
I love the metal door plates, love them.

Have a lovely day.
Love/
Luiza

Anne Marie said...

julie's first comment is hilarious! I'll be her elf..........

Isabel said...

Some many lovely goodies. I could you not get them! What fun you must have had at Brimfield!

June said...

Carole you found such great things. I love the box that is embossed with the birds. Just beautiful. I think kitty loves bling as much as I do. You certainly found a lot of it. When I read your words about putting things off, it somehow made me feel so much better, I have got to get some things done as well but need to find the motivation. Maybe your words will do it.
Hugs,
June

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Hi Carole!

I'm positively GREEN with envy....You get to go to BRIMFIELD? Lucky, lucky gal.... !!!!! I can't believe your "haul"...I love every single thing. And, the prices? Holy cow! I so wish I lived in a place that had wonderful shopping. Ours just isn't all that great here.

Blessings!
Spencer

The Creative Bohemian said...

Wow, that is quite a lovely collection. I particularly am fond of the crucifixes. Just beautiful.

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Oh Carole, I just love every single piece.
I absolutely have to go and find me some glasses like the ones in the brown case and the little silver tin with the birds and the rosaries...I'd wear then as a necklace as I love crosses.
Then there's the jewelery..my favourites are the art deco triangular clip and the heart with the dangly bit !!??!
Can you get in any of your rooms 'cos you get so much wonderful stuff?!!
I have loved looking at your purchases. XXXX

Chemin des Muguets said...

Hello Carole,

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! Those rosaries or is it rosarys? Either way, I am sooooooooooooooooooo envious. I never seem to find them at an affordable price. I do have many religious medals and treasure them. Perhaps we can have a swap meet one day.

Happy Weekend,

Marjorie

The Feathered Nest said...

Carole, I'm so in love with everything you found!!! It's all so beautiful!! Thank you so much for sharing your treasures ~ have a wonderful Sunday, xxoo, Dawn

manon 21 said...

j'aime toutes ces petites choses.
bonne semaine

manon