Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

White Wednesday

White Wednesday is here at last and I'm finally able to post some pictures. Just as I started to load them up that dreaded message "your images failed to load" came up on the screen in what felt like a million times. I got almost used to seeing the message after awhile. I went to the help section and all you read there are bloggers telling you how frustrated they are and how they can't believe that there isn't anyone they can talk to but other bloggers. We've all heard of it happening to our blog friends .......I just figured it was my time:)

So I went back to work and then on a water break....my 10th(note to self: don't eat chinese food for lunch)

Decided to try again.....I closed my eyes(really) and mustered up all the good heebie geebie jib I could and opened my eyes again and those wonderful words I longed to see "DONE" was right there in front of me!!!!


The angels came to my rescue!!!!!!


Blowing their trumpets loud!!!!




And the birds went "tweet"!

Oops another image of that same snowflake!!!! I guess I really wanted you to see it!



Little church on a box





Some of my favorite snowmen are those from Dee Foust....all roly poly and covered in mica.






...with sweet little baby faces



More birds but these are floating above!


Last night I was coming home and Stevie Knicks....White Winged Dove came on the radio. I've only heard it about a hundred times....but you know when sometimes it seems like your hearing it for the first time. It was late at night around 11:30 and I'm driving down the road not a soul anywhere. I'm feeling pretty good and energized. I had the music blaring and as I'm pulling into the driveway the song is still playing. I'm thinking .....I wonder if he can here the music outside and if it's waking him up....but of course I'm not turning it down. I remind myself I'd better turn it down after the song ends.....I forget all the time and he'll go start the car and the music comes on full blast....boy do I catch hell for that!!!! Anyways, I thought ....when was the last time I saw a white winged dove??? you don't just see them flying around anywhere:)

Suddenly something flutters across the windshield. WOW it's my white dove!!!How cool is that!

Then I realize it's not even close ....more like a bat....what else flies around in the middle of the night???

It was so unexpected whatever it was just at the perfect time. The night was crisp, the sky was clear and you could see all the constellations last night and it felt a little magical.

I just had to tell you that!!! just took me back there for a moment seeing the birds !!

Hope you all go see more of the wonderful participants of White Wednesday at Faded Charm with our hostess Kathleen.

I'm sure many of them are sharing there Christmas decorations....every ones so antsy to get started if only a little.

It'll be here before you know it!
which reminds me I have to get back to decorating!!!!

xxx

Carole



34 comments:

Susie~From My Home To Yours said...

Carole, oh my, what a lovely, creative post. Beautiful pictures, unique and so interesting. I love that song, and I'd probably be singing quite loud along with you! I 'do believe' it WAS a White Winged Dove you saw! After all, this is the season to "Believe"!

Have a great week..
Susie
P.S. Love your new 'blog look'!

Debra@CommonGround said...

Carole, I think that definitely, the angels have been visiting you.
Blessings, Debra

Faded Charm said...

Beautiful whites and I love your bird story. I like your new header. Are they photos from your own home? Also, waiting on the new magazine. Please let me know when they come in so I can order one.

Take care,

Kathleen

Les Cotrions said...

Hello Carole! Your white post is a masterpiece!!! Wonderful photos! I love your header...enchanting atmospheres!!!!
A nice Wednesday to you!
Vale

Anne Lorys said...

I love those little snowmen, too.
Oh, and your silver snowflake!
As usual, beautiful images!
Anne

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Hi Carole!
Beautiful header...although I miss your old one too. Where is that from? I recognize that the treasures must be from the shop...I love that cute little teddy....your doves flying above are great and your story was charming...so Carole!
Have a great day!
Laura :)

kjkljk;ljljgjgfuyhd said...

Carole~
This post is so pretty! I wish I could go inside that little church on a box ;-) You crack me up!
I love that Stevie Nicks song, too.
xoxoxo Franny

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Hello Carole

I love your white post. All so pretty and Christmassy. The white teddy bear is my favourite!
Hope you are well.

Take care
Isabelle x

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

All so beautiful. But that Christmas Bear is absolutely my favourite - what a sweetheart!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Everyone seems to putting out their Christmas things early and I'm wanting to do the same. I've found when I get that error message what I need to do is go and delete the duplicate pics that are the picasa site where the pictures are stored and this seems to help some.

June said...

Carole, don't you just treasure times like those. I'm so glad you shared it.
Those trumpeting angels are gorgeous. You take the best photos! Everything is just magical!!! I loved seeing my little wire tree amoung your things, made me smile. I wish I could see all of this beauty in person...sigh...
Hugs,
June

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

This is the sweetest white post...thank you so much for sharing!!

Anne Marie said...

those little snowmen are so cute......and your story was so great! and yes, night bats are typically white :) but that's okay.....bats are a good thing - but as far as symbolism goes, not sure on that one......

p.s. totally forgot it was White Wednesday; I better get moving........

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous white wednesday post and I love your box. It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you were able to get these pics to load because they are a JOY to see!

And what an incredible experience with the music, birds & stars. Magical!!!

Have a beautiufl day, Carole!
Zuzu

Rosemary said...

OOh, love this post!!
How cool!!!
Your blog is always magical!!
Have a great day!
Rosemary

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

What a calm and peaceful post,so like you!! Love the angels,I just can;t wait for Christmas,I am like a kid....have a great day! oxoxoxo

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Hi there, dear Carole,
First of all, love the new header. Are they images from the Christmas Jeanne D'Arc magazine ?.... although I do still love your original header too.
Next, isn't it sooooo frustrating when you've found all of your pictures and then they won't load ? I hate it when that happens.
I absolutely love your photographs. The angel who helped you out, is my favourite and the white birds. I love them and your story. I frighten myself with the music in my car !! A wonderful, White Wednesday. XXXX

Gigi Thibodeau said...

You are so funny and so clever, and I loved reading this post, Carole! What gorgeous photos, and what a perfect new header. Stopping by to visit you was just what I needed this afternoon. xoxo

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

The sky was so beautiful last night. I almost went out to photograph it ( but it was way to cold and it was 4:30 am:) I love all of your whites today especially the angels and the bear. I have to start decorating!
~Debra The Capers of the Vintage Vixens

maría cecilia said...

Good night Carole, it´s so good driving alone late at night under the constelations... isn´t it, and much better with Steve Nicks!!!
You have so many beautiful things to decor your christmas and that snow little man is so lovely, and your pictures are awesome.
Muchos cariños
María Cecilia

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Looove your beautiful post...it's hard to believe that the Christmas season is almost here! Happy Thanksgiving!

Blessings,
Linda

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Carole,

What a beautiful post ~ I adore all your wonderful white Christmas decorations, especially the snowman and bear. Your new header is lovely.

Have a wonderful white Wednesday
Hugs
Carolyn

Miss Gracie's House said...

Gorgeous photos!
Rene'

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi Carole, Thank you for sharing your beautiful Christmas decoration! The snowmen are very adorable and the cute bear is to die for. I also love the sparkling snowflakes.
Hugs, Julia

Unknown said...

Oh Carole your pictures are so lovely!! You really have a lot of talent for display!!! I'm lovin all of the Christmas inspiration!

Oh, and I love your new header pics :)

:) T

Rita said...

HI dear Carole,
lovely WW post. Looooooooooove ALL your whites, though I guess your cloche and silver, and glittery snowflake pics in the collage and the cute white sparkling bear are my fave. they are already putting me into the festive mood, although in Italy it is still a little early for Xmas decorations (we traditionally begin with that on December 8, which is the Immaculate Conception public holiday). thank you for inspiring me.
Hugs
Rita

Whatever Is Lovely said...

Love all of it Carole!!! Gorgeous! I love your header photos!! Oh My Goodness! I would love to live in that house!!

Hope You have a Beautiful Weekend!!

~ Blessings ~ Teresa

Chemin des Muguets said...

Dear Miss Sparkle,

You have outdone yourself with these dear holiday images. I'd love to give the wee bear a big hug.

Marjorie

Cynthia K. said...

Hi! Lovely images. My favorite is the church on the box - too sweet.

Remember this old Hank Williams song "On the wings of a snow white dove, He sent His pure, sweet love, a sign from above, on the wings of a dove..."

Enjoying your blog so I'm signing up as a follower, hope you'll visit me soon and I'd be honored if you'd follow me also...

Cynthia K. Beauty and Blessings

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Well I'm sure glad you were able to post those fabulous pictures! The snowmen are adorable! Have a great week.

Janean said...

ah-maze-ing! those photos were worth the wait and aggrevation - lol.

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Carole
Love your new banner!! Very white Christmas!!
And glad your photos finally loaded so we could all get to enjoy their beauty!!! At this rate this will be as close as I get to Christmas so I expect more of these fabulous posts to get me in the spirit!!

I think it must the week for Angels [well it is the season!] although my Angel apparently requires explicit instructions. Had to resort to the Orcle of Delphi! hehe sorry won't make any sense..

I love your story.. I get a real sense of YOU reading this. Can just imagine you sitting in the car thinking OH beautiful dove!! arrghh NO ugly bat!! haha...Funny how music really helps create the mood. Sounds like you had a wonderful experience.. bat and all..

Ok got to get back to work.. LOVE all your gorgeous photos and beautiful christmas paraphenalia. For some reason I think I like the Teddy Bear 'bearing' gifts best.. he just gives me a little chuckle... so sweet.. Take care xxx Julie

BellaRosa said...

Carole amor, are these pictures from your store? They are all gorgeous, Your whites never disappoint :) Those angels made my eyes water...There is just something so hauntingly sad and yet beautiful about them. Those lil wire trees with the snowflakes are adorable...ok.ok. I loved everything :) Besos, Rose

I also wanted to thank you for your lovely and sweet comments that you have left me, they made my heart smile. Gracias, I needed that...